RECOVERY CARE & SPECIALIZED SUPPORT IN COLORADO SPRINGS, CO AND DALLAS, TX
Many times our loved ones require additional support as they deal with a chronic illness or disease. Often these illnesses require special dietary/nutrition plans, specific and clear ways of communication, specialized exercise programs and special knowledge of the illness so issues or condition changes are recognized and immediately addressed. Gentle Shepherd Home Care hires only experienced caregivers with the knowledge and skill necessary to support your loved one.
We provide our caregivers with on-going specialized training to support the conditions listed below:
- Cancer Support Care
- Dementia Support Care
- Diabetes Support Care
- Chronic Arthritis Support Care
- Stroke and Heart Support Care
- Post-Surgery Support Care
Post- Hospitalization and/or Surgery Care
Caring for your loved one after a hospital discharge often requires specialized care and home care services. After a hospital stay, returning back home can be difficult and present new challenges for your elderly loved one. Elderly individuals can face a roller coaster of emotions during the transition. If a senior has become more frail or lost their independence, getting re-acclimated may require additional services, such as physical therapy, visiting nurses and increased assistance with daily activities. Home Health Professionals such as visiting nurses, physical therapist, physicians, and social workers will assess the needs and how best to care for your loved one once they are back home. Gentle Shepherd Home Care is there to ensure your loved ones caregivers are being proactive and communications among the care team is happening. Additionally, they will ensure the “care plan” is up to date and properly reflects post-hospitalization care requirements.
Gentle Shepherd Home Care is there to help your loved one recover and to reduce the chance of re-admission by providing the following:
- Meal preparation for special dietary needs and nutrition
- Hourly, daily, weekly, overnight, weekend or 24/7 care
- Clear communication and alert of any changes in condition, eating or bathroom habits
- Transportation to and from follow-up doctor appointments and treatment centers
- Housekeeping & Pet care
- Errands to pick up prescriptions, grocery shopping etc.
- Assistance with mobility, bathing, dressing and grooming
- Fall prevention
- Coordination, scheduling and reminders of doctor appointments, specialist and therapist
- Medication and Exercise reminders
- Assistance with daily activities
- Companionship and compassion, as post-hospitalization can be a scary time for seniors who at times need a compassionate caregiver to just listen and empathize
IN-HOME CARE EXPERT AGENCY
Gentle Shepherd Home Care is a family owned and operated care agency located in Colorado Springs, Colorado and Dallas, Texas. We tailor each and every customer a custom plan that focuses on the senior's condition and specific needs. If you look for a family company to provide recovery care for your loved one - do not hesitate to contact us for details!
CALL US TODAY FOR MORE INFORMATION: (877) 311-6309