Caring for Seniors with Traumatic Brain Injuries
What are traumatic brain injuries?
- penetrating TBI – the protective membrane around the brain gets damaged
- skull fracture – this could cause serious injury to the brain, and it also leaves open the possibility of infection
- brain hemorrhage – a burst artery in the brain which produces localized bleeding
- intracranial hematoma – a blood vessel within the brain gets ruptured as a result of the impact
- contusion – bruising of the brain tissue, which generally results in mild bleeding
- concussion – the brain is forced to move in the direction of the force which hits your head, until it crashes against the skull
- subdural hematoma – blood collects outside a ruptured vessel, and accumulates in the dura (protective membrane).
Caring for seniors with TBI
Our trained professional caregivers can help prevent future falls, providing care and a safe home environment. If speech therapy or physical therapy is needed, we can oversee that your senior has proper treatment. Any special needs your may senior have can also be managed by our caregivers. If a doctor’s care is ever needed, we can promptly arrange for transportation and ensure all appointments are kept. If your senior loved one is suffering from a TBI, contact us to learn how we can help in their recovery.