Our Hiring Process for the Best Caregivers
If you or a loved one is in need of in-home senior care in Colorado Springs, or its surrounding areas, you should only consider working with the best senior caregivers in the region. Gentle Shepherd Home Care provides non-medical elderly in-home care to individuals who require assistance while living at home, whether limited physically or because of cognitive impairment. The care we provide allows seniors to remain in the comfort of familiar surroundings.
Gentle Shepherd’s hiring process
We only employ caregivers who are compassionate, warm-hearted, and patient. We look for individuals who enjoy providing care for seniors, especially seniors who may have special needs. To qualify, all applicants must meet these requirements:
- must be at lease 21 years of age
- must have at least 2 years of experience working with seniors
- experience with meal preparation, mobility assistance, and light housework
- high school diploma or GED
- at least three references
- must have clean criminal background, and pass a drug test
- hold and maintain valid Colorado driver’s license with insurance, and clean driving record
- proof of US citizenship
- physically able to lift 40 pounds
- own a cellphone
- must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19
- experience caring for elderly at-risk patients with cancer, diabetes, stroke, dementia, or post-surgery is a big plus
- CNA or HHA certification is a plus
We uphold these requirements because Gentle Shepherd Home Care has the reputation and recognition for being a premier home care service in Colorado Springs. We do our utmost to maintain this reputation by screening caregiver candidates carefully. Any individual who works for us, becomes a representative of our company, and that means we require them to reflect all those values we hold important in our field.
Why choose Gentle Shepherd Home Care?
We realize that the quality of in-home senior care, in Colorado Springs, provided by our caregivers is extremely important for your loved ones. In-home care allows aging individuals to remain in the home they have occupied, known, and loved for years. Therefore, we go to great lengths to make sure we hire only the best caregivers. We encourage you to read the online reviews and testimonials about our services, and about the professionals who provide care. When you learn more about our dedication to providing the very best care to seniors, we think you’ll discover that Gentle Shepherd Home Care really is the very best choice in Colorado Springs.